Drone Forensic Investigation
Drone forensics is a branch of digital forensics relating to recovery of digital evidence or data from a drone under forensically sound conditions. The phrase drone forensics (UAV) usually refers to drones; however, it can also relate to any wireless remote controlled UAV that has both internal memory and communication ability, including Cameras, WiFI, GPS, and 3G or 4G connectivity.
Drones and all types of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV's) are proven to be valuable sources of information in the majority of criminal investigations. Parties in litigation seeking to prove wrongdoing often find important evidence, clues and traces by analysing activities stored on drones, including flight routes and their creation and landing locations as well as photos the drone has taken, whom has operated it, the controller ID and metadata.
Recover Data From Drones
Digitpol utilizes global leading technology, Cellebrite Technology, Cellebrite’s forensic expert technology allows us to carry out forensic acquisition of data from the supported listed devices.
What Data is Recoverable
- Serial number of the drone aircraft and some internal components such as MAC, IMEI, & IMSI
- Version numbers for firmware
- Metadata from operations such as launching, waypoint logs, GPS available or unavailable during flight.
- Geo location information for critical locations – launching, landing, and home or return location
- Full flight path information
- Wifi Data | SSID | MAC | I.P
- Bluetooth | Paired devices | Timestamp